Royal jelly is a gelatin like substance produced by worker bees. This milky white liquid has many benefits that not many people know. The most important thing that one needs to know about it is that it rejuvenates and energizes the overall human body.
It contains good amount of Acetylcholine, which works as one of the foremost transmitters of nerve impulses. Royal jelly contains around 10 secondary amino acids and 8 essential amino acids. Listed below are some of the major royal jelly benefits:
- It is a great source of Vitamin B-6. It also contains traces of Vitamin C and other essential minerals. All these minerals are present in lower concentrations.
- It is also responsible for lowering the cholesterol level. A study shows that it benefits people with elevated cholesterol levels. It also works towards treating LDL cholesterol levels.
- It improves physical and mental alertness.
- Royal jelly is highly beneficial for those suffering from eyesight problems. Additionally, it helps aged people to get rid of various physical disorders.
- It also improves the condition of those suffering from depression, asthenia, angina pectoris and arteriosclerosis.
- It even stimulates the endocrine gland. Moreover, it has a number of benefits for those suffering from tuberculosis and whopping cough.
- It is also beneficial for those suffering from stomach disorders, fatigue and migraines, as it acts as an antibiotic.
- It acts as an antibiotic and is responsible for increasing fertility and helping those suffering from impotency.
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, acne, dry skin and eczema find it to be very beneficial.
- Royal jelly contains great amount of Vitamin B complex also known as pantothenic acid that contributes towards hair growth.
- It has great effects on sarcoma cells and therefore, is capable of healing tumors.
- Other vitamins present in the jelly are Niacin-59, Vitamin B2, B1, H, Inositol and folic acid. It also has minute traces of vitamin D.
- Royal Jelly benefits those suffering from liver diseases and kidney problems.
- It has a number of antioxidant properties, which are responsible for fighting the damage caused by free radicals.
- People, who wish to look young again, can go for various facial products made from royal Jelly. It makes the skin healthier thereby giving you a very youthful appearance. Most of the herbalists claim that it is actually effective in halting the aging process.
The usual dosage ranges from 50 to 100 milligrams per day. A study shows that it lowers the cholesterol levels by around 14%. Moreover, it has a strong aphrodisiac effect. In fact, due to its incomparable medical properties, people also call it as super food.