Insomnia is defined as poor quality sleep despite dedicated time and space for sleep to occur. About 14.8% of Australians have symptoms of insomnia. Lack of sleep can have severe consequences for your body and mental health.
In this video, honahlee partner Dr Jim explains everything you need to know about cannabis for insomnia He covers the following topics:
– 00:03 | The importance of sleep.
– 00:43 | What are some signs of having a sleep disorder or insomnia?
– 01:28 | When should individuals seek a doctor’s help for a sleep disorder?
– 02:34 | How is insomnia diagnosed?
– 03:20 | Can cannabis treat insomnia?
– 04:47 | How does CBD (or CBD oil) help with insomnia?
– 05:31 | How does THC help with insomnia?
– 06:28 | What are the side effects specific to cannabis and insomnia?
– 07:46 | What type of cannabis is typically prescribed for insomnia and sleep?
– 09:27 | Is there a typical dosage of cannabis for treating insomnia?
– 10:18 | Dr Jim’s tips for good sleep hygiene
– 13:21 | What are the traditional treatments for insomnia?
– 14:11 | What are some of the side effects of traditional treatments of insomnia?
– 16:10 | Compare the impact of cannabis & other pharmacological treatments on sleep architecture.
– 16:46 | When would you treat an insomnia patient with medical cannabis?
– 17:21 | Finally, what does the research say about cannabis and insomnia?
To read the article, please visit:
To ask an expert a question visit:
Or follow honahlee on social:
The team at honahlee are not doctors and are not providing medical advice. Neither Dr James Connell nor the honahlee team are recommending the use of marijuana (cannabis) for medical or adult use purposes. Cannabis does not work for everyone and may have negative side effects. In Australia, medical marijuana (cannabis) is regulated by the TGA. If you think cannabis is right for you, please consult with your doctor or specialist.