If you have ever bought or thought of buying supplements online, you’d know that a seemingly easy task can often feel daunting with a tide of questions and doubts in your mind. Which is the best supplement for me? Does it have any potential side-effects? How quick will the delivery be? I hope it’s not fake?!
These are just some of the many doubts that scare us when we are about the click the ‘buy’ button on any website online.
We have listed down 5 Important things which any customer should try and look for on the website they intend to buy from for a greater transparency of things:
1. Social Media: A Facebook page speaks volumes about the brand if you know the kind of things to be aware of. The most important is look at the brand following. This will instantly tell you how popular the brand is among people and if they actually post content like offers etc which is worth following them or buying from them. The second thing to consider would be comments left by customers. Facebook reviews are one of the very few verified and genuine reviews as they have come from an active profile.
2. Returns Policy: One of the most important things to find and read on any website you wish to buy from. An easy return & refund policy should be clearly stated with a link in the footer. Please be sure to read every word of this document so you know you are covered in case you decide to send the supplement back if you aren’t happy with it.
3. Authenticity: If the above doesn’t help prove this, then ask questions if the product is genuine and authentic. We encourage customers to download a free barcode scanner app on their smartphones and always scan the barcode at the bacof the supplement whether they are buying at a retail store or if they bought online. Furthermore, the details of the product including batch number and expiry dates can be emailed directly to the brand for them to verify authenticity.
4. Logistics Partner: Find out who they partner with for courier services and if Cash on Delivery is available. Most good courier partners will ensure a safe protocol and a quick delivery to your doorstep. COD relieves you of the stress of any potential fraud as you only have to pay when the goods arrive.
5. Live Chat: If the website provides a live chat option, make sure you ask all questions relating to the best products, offers and any on-going discounts. An interactive website ensures all your queries are answered before purchase and also makes it easier to contact the team for any post-purchase doubts.
Be careful while buying supplements online like whey proteins, mass gainers or other protein supplements.